Good morning from the land of Ignorant Bliss. Apparently, I was nominated for this well over a month ago and did not realize it or forgot or whatever it is my brain did with that information… anyway. Thanks to, the ever patient, Tavleen from Traveling through Words nominated me for this award! She has a wonderful blog, definitely check it out!
This is basically a Harry Potter appreciation post, so I apologize for my fangirling in advance.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
11new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Where are you from?
The Land of Ignorant Bliss
2. Which is your favorite fandom?
The Harry Potter fandom is the closest to my heart, but the Game of Thrones fandom is a close second. Harry Potter is my favorite because I started reading the books with my dad when they first came out in 1998 (American). Every night before bed, he would read a chapter to my brother and I. As I got older I didn’t need him to read to me anymore, but we kept up the tradition. (Mostly because we both wanted to know what happened!) There are a lot of special memories associated with those books for me, so they’re very close to my heart.
3. When and why did you start blogging?
About a year ago. I’ve always kind of wanted to start a blog, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to write about. I thought I needed a niche in order to be successful, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted that to be. I’ve always loved to read, but I had let it fall by the wayside as school and activities got in the way. After I graduated, I wanted to get back into reading again and made it my goal to read at least one book a month. I started this blog to share my thoughts and I haven’t looked back.
4. What is your favorite book/series of all time?
Harry Potter, for the reasons above. But I really love the Outlander Series as well.
5. Which are your favorite TV shows or movies?
I could name a million TV shows, I watch wayyyy too much TV. But my all time favorites are Game of Thrones, Outlander, Westworld, and The Man in the High Castle. My favorite movies are Titanic, Forrest Gump, Pride and Prejudice, Hacksaw Ridge, Bridesmaids, etc., etc., etc.
6. When and why did you start blogging?
See question #3 🙂
7. What are your hobbies besides reading?
Watching Netflix, blogging, hanging out with friends, wine (is wine a hobby??), college football. I don’t care about the NFL, but college football is my life in the fall.
8. Do you have a role model?
My mom. She’s everything I aspire to be, and more. I also love Emma Watson.
9. What are you currently reading?
Here and Gone by Haylen Beck. I keep trying to call it Here and Now, but that’s not the damn title, CHRISTEN.
10. Which book would you recommend to everyone?
I recommend Harry Potter to everyone even if they’re completely against reading it. (Because they’re wrong.) HP is life.
11. Have you ever re-read a book? Which book have you read the most times?
I’ve talked about Harry Potter a lot in this post, but Harry Potter. I think I’ve read the whole series at least 11 times, maybe 12… maybe 13. I don’t remember. A LOT, OKAY? I have a problem.
- Who is your favorite author?
- Which fictional world would you most like to live in?
- Which fictional world would you least like to live in?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite book, and why is it your favorite?
- Fantasy or Science Fiction?
- Give your favorite book character a theme song.
- Give your least favorite book character a theme song.
- What’s your favorite book quote?
- Why do you like to read?
- What are you currently reading?