Obviously, this post will contain spoilers. So if you haven’t watched Game of Thrones and you plan on watching Game of Thrones, stop reading and start watching.
Game of Thrones Season 7 is premiering this Sunday, and the hype is so real. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, please. Indulge yourself below.
I’m. SO. PUMPED.
Season 6 left our characters in various states of disarray, heck yes, and holy enchilada, Batman. Based on that, and this trailer, here are my season 7 predictions:
- Arya takes on the “Lady Stoneheart” role (without being undead, of course.) and takes to murdering Frey’s across the countryside before making her way north. I’m pretty sure she will make it to Winterfell this season, and I’m not sure what that means for the remaining Starks. Generally, when POV characters get together in GOT, at least one of them dies. Also, there will definitely be a reunion between her and Nymeria. (PUMPED.)
- Bran continues to have flashbacks and learns more about the events of Robert’s Rebellion, and the White Walkers. I think either Bran or Sam will figure out how to defeat the White Walkers in the end, hopefully there is some big reveal with Jon about his parentage. Bran also seems to be heading back to Winterfell, and it’s about damn time.
- Sansa is finally playing the game, becoming the politician to Jon’s hulk smash. I can see her character going two ways. One: I think the years of abuse will have gotten to her, and she may crack under her desire to get revenge. She might make a mistake and end up falling into a trap. Two: I think Littlefinger will try his hardest to make her his puppet and she will end up being the one using him the entire time.
- Littlefinger continues to be the creepiest person alive. Depending on where Sansa’s character goes, I think he will finally meet his end this season. Don’t quote me on that, but I hope it’s to the tune of the Starks finally figuring out that he is the one behind literally everything bad that has ever happened to their family.
- Jon Snow will continue to be moody and generally emo. I’m hoping that they finally reveal his parentage to him and the fact that he isn’t a Snow after all, but I’m not sure how they will do that or if they will do it at all. Him and Sansa clearly have different priorities, so it will be interesting to see what happens between them in the coming season.
- Cersei is a kamikaze character. She’s smart, but she’s filled with anger. Now that she’s buried all three of her children, all that’s left of Maggie the Frog’s prophecy is the Valonqar. I think she’s going to focus on ruling the Seven Kingdoms rather than the war against the White Walkers, and I think it will be her ultimate undoing.
- Jaime will end up killing Cersei. GOT has a tendency to go full circle with it’s story lines so I think it will be a “Mad Queen” type situation.
- Tyrion is now Hand of the queen, so he will spend his time marveling at dragons, bartering deals, and making jokes no one else on the show seems to get. And yes, I’ve heard about the “Tyrion is a Targaryen theory.” I’m not convinced, but anything is possible. I’m just not sure they will stuff that into the show or not.
- Daenerys lands in Dragonstone, FINALLY. She will set up a base camp there while she waits to make her next move. She will send Yara to Dorne to gain an alliance with the Martells, who already support her rule because of Elia Martell. (Who, if you remember, was murdered by the Mountain. RIP Oberyn.) Dany + Sand Snakes = very exciting. I think John and Sansa will also end up in Dragonstone to form an alliance with Dany at some point. Or maybe they’ll just send Davos. Dany’s army will go to battle with the Lannisters in what looks like either King’s Landing or Casterly Rock, and I think she may end up fighting a two front war.
- Grey Worm and Missandei finally get together. And it’s about damn time. I’m very curious to see how this pans out, all things considering. Stay tuned.
- Melisandre is waiting for Dany at Dragonstone. She’s kind of a wildcard, but I think she will try to convince Dany to turn her sights north rather than south. She seems to be attaching herself to whoever seems to fit her Azor Ahai bill, and Dany is the next best candidate. Based on other trailers, it seems like that one dude who died at least 7 times is going to do the Azor Ahai flaming sword bit, which would make sense but also be pretty random since we haven’t seen him since season 2 at least.
- Theon will continue to be the bane of my existence.
- Varys will be revealed as Gossip Girl, Westeros edition.
- Sam and Gilly learn all the things.
- Olenna Tyrell partners with the Martells to seek revenge on the Lannisters for the deaths of Loras and Margaery. More witty remarks, sass, and general distaste with everyone around her. I can see her and the Sand Snakes getting on well.
- The Wall comes down and the White Walkers start marching south. At this point, most of Westeros seems very unconcerned about this, so it will probably be the Night’s King on the Iron Throne at the end tbh.
- Everyone goes to war. Again.
- Cleganebowl. I can only hope.
Do you agree or disagree with my predictions? Let’s discuss!